What are the most common causes of IT failure?
According to a survey issued in April 2012, for financial service organisations, the vast majority (nearly 70%) have experienced outages caused by human error. Meanwhile unexpected updates or patches have disrupted 56% of firms.
The headline statistics are as follows:
- 69% human error
- 56% unexpected updates or patches
- 44% server room environment issues
- 29% power outages
- 25% onsite disaster (e.g. fire)
- 18% malware or virus
- 10% natural disaster (e.g. earthquake)
Does this correspond with your own experience in your own organisation?
- 68% experienced system down time in the last 12 months
- 66% of businesses test their IT recovery plans regularly
- 46% have implemented a full-scale business continuity plan
- 44% have invested in a 3rd party data centre
- 45% trained more staff in 2011
- 32% have invested in their own data centre
Subscribe - weekly news and a free course!