A million participants. New Zealand. 09:26 hours. Wednesday 26 September 2012. That’s when NZ’s largest ever earthquake preparedness exercise.
The “ShakeOut” exercise is run as a partnership between central and local government, with key agencies encouraging public and organisational participation across the country. Around 500 private companies are already signed up to join in the mass activity.
Key players in ensuring the exercise logistics go to plan include:
- Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Auckland Council
- Hamilton City Council
- Tauranga City Council
- Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Social Development
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- New Zealand Police
- New Zealand Defence Force
- New Zealand Fire Service
- GNS Science.
Subscribe - weekly news and a free course!