Ever fancied being able to say you’re a manager of the year?
Got a colleague you fancy nominating?
Every year CIR magazine run a Business Continuity Awards programme.
We’ve heard some discussion in the industry about how impartially they’re judged, and whether or not one’s company needs to be able to buy a table for one to win, but we’re sure the judges would advise us that’s complete tosh.
We’ve also heard it said many times that those producing the best continuity programmes often cannot be entered for awards, since their work is strictly confidential. While, of course, business continuity service providers are madly keen to win awards that can win them business, and therefore encourage staff applications.
However, with or without our cynical hats on, getting an award is never a bad thing and if you’d like to enter, you have until 15 February 2013!
The award categories are:
- Best Contribution to Continuity & Resilience
- Business Continuity and Insurance Partnership
- Business Continuity Consultant of the Year
- Business Continuity Initiative of the Year
- Business Continuity Management Planning Software of the Year
- Business Continuity Manager of the Year
- Business Continuity Strategy of the Year
- Business Continuity Strategy through Partnership
- Business Continuity Team of the Year
- Crisis Management Strategy of the Year
- Excellence in Crisis Communications
- Industry Newcomer of the Year
- Industry Personality of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Most Effective Recovery of the Year
- Most Innovative Product of the Year
- Most Innovative Solution of the Year
- Public Sector / Not-for-Profit Continuity Manager of the Year
- Resilience in Infrastructure
- Specialist Company of the Year
- Student of the Year.
The winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner in May 2013.
Table costs are as follows(!) and include food, wine and entertainment:
- Table of 10 @ £2,795 + VAT
- Single seat @ £445 + VAT
- Half table of 5 @ £1,895 + VAT
- VIP table of 10 @ £3,395 + VAT
You can enter at: www.businesscontinuityawards.com
Subscribe - weekly news and a free course!