The pre-cursor to a new British Standard for Crisis Management is available.
PAS 200: 2011 (PAS stands for Publicly Available Standard) provides a framework for slow burn and sudden crises. The aim of this standard is to fill a gap left by BS25999, – the standard for Business Continuity, which doesn’t cover Crisis Management.
Many will remember that BS25999 began life as PAS56, and that the changes made between the two iterations were chiefly cosmetic. However, if budgets are very tight then waiting for the British Standard is the prudent thing to do.
Here’s what’s a taste of what it covers:
- What is a crisis?
- “Sudden” and “smouldering” crises
- How crises incubate within organizations
- Developing a crisis management capability
- The common recognized information picture
- Planning and preparing for crisis response and recovery
- Decisions in crises – key features
- Dealing with people
- Transition to recovery
- Communication in a crisis
- Exercise design considerations
- The “crisis-aware” organization
Click to purchase and download PAS200:
Was this article useful? Do you have any thoughts? Share or comment below…
Subscribe - weekly news and a free course!
2 comments on “PAS 200: Crisis Management Standard Available”