Free publicity tools from Business Continuity Week could help you raise awareness of business continuity planning from 19-23 March 2012.
It can be hard to shout about what we do, or how important it is, so Business Continuity Week can help take the emphasis away from you personally, and help staff understand what they need to do. (If you want to see how the 2011 campaign went down, take a look here.)
To make the most of the week, you need to plan as far in advance as possible. There will be free posters, webcasts, media and other resources. Plus, new for this year, there will be a “groundbreaking online incident simulation game for teams of 6 players to test out their crisis management skills and compete with organizations across the world” called BC24. In which you may participate for free!!! The briefing for the game is already available – so why not check it out and see if it would work in your company?
To make the most of Business Continuity Week 2012, we recommend you:
- Invite selected people to take part in the BC24 Game – use it as an opportunity to involve board members if you can
- If you have an intranet or company newspaper, see if you can get a feature for the week
- Persuade a key manager (or two) to schedule a rehearsal for the Monday or Tuesday
- Schedule some fun mini-rehearsals and drop-in workshops for interested staff
- Print out and put up the free posters the week before
There’s nothing like momentum generated by others, so grab onto this and use it to it’s full advantage.
Subscribe - weekly news and a free course!
2 comments on “Business Continuity Week 2012”
Pingback: 5 New Year Resolutions for Business Continuity
Pingback: 10 Ways to Engage Staff Effort in Business Continuity